A short history of Eventide Homes (NSW) a Company Limited by Guarantee
Eventide Homes Appeal, known as Eventide Homes (NSW) is a registered charity and was registered as a Not for Profit Company Limited by Guarantee in 1962
Its origins are found in Eventide Homes Appeal in 1946, where a group of Christian men and women decided to provide accommodation for the “Aged Needy”. We continue today as an independent Christian organisation established primarily to provide services to older persons in need.
**None of the original group held land or property in their own right, they were all volunteers. The organization was based upon their love for Christ, love for their fellow man and had no prospect of acquiring any real estate. They were sure that if they had faith, worked intelligently and hard, and trusted in God, they would have a measure of success.
Through strong determination, hard work and faith eventually a number of properties for “Aged Needy” were built in places such as Greenacre, Oyster Bay, Riverwood and Padstow. Today our focus is on our Padstow Heights site “Walter Skelton Village” named affectionately after Walter Skelton often referred to as the father of Eventide Homes a man who put enormous time and energy into building up Eventide Homes in NSW. Currently we have 47 apartments and a Community centre with plans to develop the site to give over 100 apartments.
The Board of Directors for Eventide Homes (NSW) continues the tradition of volunteering and are all non paid volunteers. The Board also embrace the original concept of providing accommodation for the “Aged Needy” and the philosophy based upon their love for Christ, and showing Christ’s love for their fellow man.